Use views to define how a list of records for a specific form is displayed in the application. A view defines:
- Columns to display
- How wide each column should be
- How the list of records should be sorted
A drop-down list of views is displayed in the application so that users have options for different views of form data.
The records that are visible in individual views are displayed in a list, sometimes called a grid, which frequently provides options so that users can change the default sorting, column widths, and filters to more easily see the data that’s important to them. Views also define the data source for look up records, charts, and pivot grids that are used in the application.
Create a view
1. Make sure you are a member of a team with 'View' security role.
2. Go to form explorer.
3. Select the form you want to create the form rule for, then click on View item from the toolbar.
4. Click 'Add'
5. Enter View name, group and description
6. Define view columns and sorting
Drag up and down to change column order.
7. To save the view, click Save.